Trying to get kids to eat their veggies can be hard. We’re sure there have been a lot of dinner time tantrums, which usually result in you giving into their request of leaving the broccoli on the plate just to keep the peace. But veggies are important in a diet, and we are here to give you our best tips on how to sneak those greens into your kid’s food!
- Ditch the pasta and make your own zucchini noodles! Then coat the zucchini with the pasta sauce! It will help mask the zucchini taste, and just might make them forgive you for the sneaky zucchini!
2. Smoothies! Smoothies are great because they’re sweet (so your kids automatically love them!) but they’re also easy to add some veg too! Carrot is almost impossible to detect taste wise, as is spinach. Smoothies are also a healthy dessert option for after dinner – win-win right?
3. Add some veggies to your pizza. Finely chop or even grate, some carrot, broccoli, capsicum, mushrooms, and onion onto your pizza base. They will be covered with cheese, and undetectable with the help of the sauce – they’ll never know!
4. Add some broccoli and cauliflower to your scrambled eggs. Steam and puree, or finely grate the veg into the scramble mixture! It won’t change the texture of the eggs, and they’re still getting a great serving of veggies.
5. Sneak veg into casseroles or lasagna. Finely shred veg like zucchini and carrot and add them throughout the dish. They will be so concealed by the sauce and cheese your kids won’t know the difference!
To really get away with hiding your veg into each meal, you need to invest in a grater. The smaller you can make your veggies, the easier it will be to sneak those greens into your kid’s tummies. They’ll thank you for it later!