Zucchini and potato are such versatile veggies! To keep things interesting in your kitchen, we’ve come up with some fun and tasty ways to eat them!
A Fresh Approach to Zucchini
- Zoodles – do yourself a favour and buy a spiralizer and mix up your pasta dishes! It’ll make your dishes lighter and different, which is always a good thing!
- Zucchini Chips – for a healthier, lighter option try these! Just crumb some zucchini fingers, and either fry or bake them! They’re delicious as a snack or side dish, and definitely changes up the normal chips and salad deal.
- Zucchini Pizza Bites – Now, this might sound a little funny, but they are actually delicious! Just smear some tomato paste/sauce on a round slice of zucchini, add your toppings (chopped up small) and top with some cheese. The bigger the circles the better, of course, but you end up with bite sized mini pizzas. Yum!
A Change From Chips
- Hasselback Potatoes – this is a pretty gourmet way of eating everyone’s favourite veggie. All you need is a big potato, your favourite herbs and spices, and an oven. Easy done!
- Loaded Baked Potato – We didn’t think you could get much better than a baked potato with melted butter, but we were wrong! Slice the potato in half and stuff it with all your favourite things. Baked beans, cheese, or if you want to keep it fresh, which we of course recommend, fry up some veg with some garlic and add it to your potato. Super tasty!
- Homemade Hash Browns – grate up some potato, add some salt, pepper, garlic and spring onion and fry up some of your very own hash browns! They can be a little bit fiddly, but well worth the effort!
We hope we have given you some inspiration to get a little bit fancier in the kitchen.