Potpourri is a mixture of dried, fragrant plant materials (usually flower petals) that provide a natural scent to your home. It is a great alternative to candles and incense, as it is less overpowering and gives your house a lovely scent every day, without having to be lit!
Making potpourri is super easy, and a great way invigorate your clothes, linens and home décor!
All you need is:
– Baking tray
– Baking paper
– Flowers (of your choosing!)
– Orris root
– Essential oils
Once you’ve sourced all your supplies, follow these steps.
1. Preheat oven to 93 degrees Celsius.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. Prepare your flowers by snipping off stems and removing individual petals.
4. Add in oils.
5. Bake for 2 hours.
6. Add in your orris root and more essential oils – mix into the potpourri
There you have it! An easy, 5-step-guide on how to have your house smelling amazing at all times. Add little bags of potpourri into your draws and linen cupboards for a little extra something…