- Endive is a green leafy vegetable with a slightly bitter taste.
- Endive is mainly used in salads, stir fries or soups.
Endive is a good source of vitamin C, folic acid and potassium.
100g of endive yields the following:
- Calories – 17
- Total Carbs – 1% of DV
- Protein – 1.25g
- Dietary Fibre – 12% of DV
- Vitamin A – 43% of DV
- Vitamin C – 11% of DV
- Calcium – 5% of DV
- Iron – 5% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Endive should have fresh crisp green leaves.
- Avoid heads with any discolouration or insect damage.
- Best stored in a plastic bag or container in the crisper of the fridge – for up to 3 days.