- Also called citrus thyme.
- Has small, heart-shaped leaves.
- Many forms have variegated leaves of green and yellow.
- Has a distinct lemon smell and flavour.
- Thought to be milder in flavour than common thyme.
- Excellent as part of a fish or chicken marinade.
Botanical Name: Thymus x citriodorus
100g of Lemon Thyme yields the following:
- Calories – 101
- Total Carbs – 8% of DV
- Protein – 5.56g
- Dietary Fibre – 56% of DV
- Vitamin A – 95% of DV
- Vitamin C – 267% of DV
- Calcium – 40% of DV
- Iron – 97% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.