- Perennial herbs native to Europe, northern Africa and Asia.
- There are a number of thyme species in cultivation.
- Thyme has a peppery flavour.
- Common thyme T. vulgaris is the most used culinary herb, used extensively in Mediterranean and French cooking.
- A key ingredient in Herbes de Provence.
Botanical Name: Thymus sp. (Lamiaceae)
Alternative Names: Citrus Thyme
100g of Thyme yields the following:
- Calories – 101
- Total Carbs – 8% of DV
- Protein – 5.56g
- Dietary Fibre – 56% of DV
- Vitamin A – 95% of DV
- Vitamin C – 267% of DV
- Calcium – 40% of DV
- Iron – 97% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.