Lazzaro Brothers was established in 1916 by Bernadino and Maria Lazzaro who had immigrated to Australia from Italy to start a new life. Their first store was opened in Raymond Street in Sale. They raised six children all of who were involved in the family business in one way or another. During World War 2 we ceased in Sale and moved to Melbourne. In 1952 we returned to Sale and set up again as Lazzaro Brothers with the main store at 176 Raymond Street and two smaller outlets. A few decades later, we moved from Raymond Street to York Street to offer customers convenient parking and a bigger shop.
Today, Lazzaro Bros is now in its fourth generation with a modern refurbished store. We have a history of always supplying the best quality fresh fruit and vegetables at the right price and best possible service. As well as a range of deli and selected gourmet items.