This competition has now ended. The winners have been contacted.
The Winners were:
Major Prize Winner: Eugenios L
Runner Up Prize Winners:
- Jeff D
- Prashant K
- Oliver N
- Jade O
- Katrina W
About the Competiton
Go in the draw to win a luxury escape in the Yarra Valley, a hot air balloon ride and a private strawberry farm picking experience for two! Plus! There are 5 x $200 vouchers for your local fruit and veg shop to be won!
Simply answer a few questions and provide some contact details and you will go in the running to win!
Entry is limited to one entry per person and is valid until the 31st of January 2023. Winners will be announced on 3rd February 2023.
This competition is open to Australian residents only. Terms and conditions can be found below:
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is conducted by The Australian Chamber Of Fruit And Vegetable Industries Limited program ‘A better choice’ ABN 67 065 246 808 of 385 Sherwood Rd, Rocklea QLD 4106 (Promoter).
- Entry to the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promotion is open to all Australian residents aged 18 years or over. The Promoter reserves the right to request any entrant to provide documentary evidence confirming their age and to disqualify any entrant who is unable or unwilling to provide such proof of age upon request. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and their agents are not eligible to enter the Promotion.
- The Promotion commences at 5:01pm AEDT on 1 DECEMBER 2022, and ends at 5pm AEDT on 31 JANUARY 2023 (Promotion Period).
- The Promotion is a game of skill. Each valid entry will be assessed based on 25 words or less and winners will be selected.
- To enter, an entrant must, during the Promotion Period, visit this link which can be found online or instore, and:
(a) Input the requested information (as per ID), including the entrant’s full name, date of birth, email address, postcode, telephone number and your local ‘A better choice’ retailer, and;
(b) Answer any other questions on the entry form.
8. Any entry which:
(a) is received outside the Promotion Period or which fails to meet the requirements of clause 7;
(b) does not fully comply with these Terms and Conditions; and/or
(c) is incomplete, or otherwise unlawful,
is not a valid entry and will not be eligible to win the Prize.
- The Promoter will review the response provided by each Entrant to the Competition Criteria to ensure the response is comprehensible and does not violate these Terms and Conditions. Any response that is incomprehensible, obscene, defamatory, threatening, or unlawful may be disqualified, at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Entrants who submit an entry that is compliant with these terms will be entered into a draw, with the winner selected based on skill from a list of all eligible entries by the Promoter (Prize Winner).
- Entries are only valid once per person.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and will be binding on every person who enters the Promotion. No correspondence will be entered into in relation to any aspect of the Promotion.
- The draw will take place once on the 3rd February 2023.
- The Prize Winners will be notified by the Promoter by email and mobile telephone within 24 hours of the draw, using the contact details supplied at the time of entry in the Promotion.
- If a Prize Winner is unable to be contacted, or, upon being contacted and notified of their prize, rejects the prize for whatever reason, or does not claim their prize in accordance with the notification or other instructions issued by the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, their Prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be drawn as per the unclaimed prize draw clause below.
- Where the Prize is unclaimed or forfeited, the Promoter will hold an unclaimed prize draw to select an alternate Prize Winner based on the same methodology as for the selection of the original Prize Winner.
- The Prize Winners will receive one of the belowa) Luxury escape to the Yarra Valley including 1 x hot air balloon ride and a strawberry picking tour.
Luxury Escape Package details
The Luxury escape package can be viewed here: https://www.gowildballooning.com.au/chateau-yering/. The location will be at the Chateau Yering Historic House Hotel. Booking can be anytime between January 2023-May 2023 and November 2023-May 2024 to coincide with Strawberry picking season.
Booking is for 1 x night only
Booking is for 2 x people only
Winner must organise and pay for own mode of transport to the Chateu Yering Historic House Hotel in Yering
Complimentary Petit fours on arrival
Wine tasting at Yering Station Winery
Hot Air Balloon Details
Includes Hot Air Balloon experience with Go Wild Ballooning
Includes private transport from Chateu Yering House Hostel for 2 x people
Hot Air Balloon ride may be subject to reschedule or cancellation due to weather
If flight is rescheduled then accommodation is not provided again
Strawberry Picking Tour Details
Includes private tour, guided by a strawberry grower
Includes complimentary picking of strawberries, size determined by farm owner/grower
Transport to and from strawberry farm to be provided at own cost
(b) There are five (5) Runner-up prizes. Includes 1 x $200 voucher per winner to the Entrant’s nominated local fruit and veg shop. Vouchers will be issued to the Entrants local fruit and veg shop, and are not transferable for cash.
17. The Prize will be provided to the Prize Winner within 28 days of the promotional period concluding or unclaimed prize draw (as the case may be), by post or such other method notified to the Prize Winner.
(a) The Prize will be collected at the Prize Winners nominated retailer unless circumstances determine otherwise. Entrants can find their local retailer at this link.
18. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
19. The Prize Winner consents to the Promoter using and/or publishing the Prize Winner’s name and/or image, and/or quoting the Prize Winner’s entry or any other statements, including for promotional purposes, in any form of media (including on social media). The Prize Winner and their nominated store may be photographed and/or filmed during their use or enjoyment of the Prize, and it is a condition of acceptance of the Prize that the Prize Winner and their guest consent to any use, publication or broadcast of such photographs or video.
20. Subject to any applicable law, regulation or permit condition, if for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including for any reason which affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any direction given by relevant regulatory authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any statutory consumer guarantees or any guarantee or implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which from these Terms and Conditions would contravene any statute or cause any part of these Terms and Conditions to be void (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter excludes from these Terms and Conditions all guarantees, conditions, warranties and terms implied by statute, general law or custom. Except for liability in relation to a Non-Excludable Guarantee, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability whether arising in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise for any personal injury or any other loss or damage whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction; (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter); (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax implications; and/or (f) a Prize or use of a Prize by a Prize Winner.
23. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Promoter. If any part of these Terms and Conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, it will be severed and will not affect the remainder, which will continue in full force and effect.
A Better Choice Information Collection Statement
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
We may be unable to deal with your request, allow you to participate in the Promotion or provide you with products and services if you do not provide the personal information we request.
When you enter this competition you’re subscribing to our newsletter. All information collected stays within “A better choice!”, for the primary purpose of providing great services to you such as fresh recipes, bringing you up to date news on the freshest produce, and great tips & tricks when it comes to fruit and veg.
We’re in the business of supporting your local fruit and veg shops that provide Australia’s fresh produce, supporting local and healthy lifestyles, not spam or third-party advertisements.