A quick, easy and scrumptious one-bowl salad, meet this showstopping side-dish that could even star as a main event. This salad brings together the earthy flavours of Beetroot with the sweetness of Figs, and some spice thrown in for good…
This delightful dip combines the earthy sweetness of beetroots with the creaminess of Greek yogurt, a touch of dill, and the tangy zing of pickles and lemon. It’s not only delicious but also a feast for the eyes!
Recipe written by Luke Croston
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Wrap the beets in foil and place them into the
oven for 40min or until a skewer easily goes all the way through the beet.
- Remove from the oven and let the beet cool down in the foil in the fridge
- Once cool peel the beet skin off and cut the root and top off
- Then into a bowl grate the beetroot on the coarse side a box grater
- Roughly chop the pickle add to the beetroot
- Mix the yoghurt, olive oil and chopped dill through with the beetroot
- Season with lemon juice and salt and serve
Note: Beetroots can always be cooked the day before