Are you looking for a flavourful low-fuss dinner recipe that can pre-prepared the day ahead? This recipe allows you to cook the meat and vegetables all in one saving time and effort. These juicy chicken skewers are bursting with flavour…
Check out our Cherry Salsa! Perfect for Duck Tacos!
A new way to serve duck, these Cherry covered tacos are a surprisingly simple way of serving up a feast! Take finger food to the next level with a Cherry dish that is sure to wow! Yum!
Pick up your Cherries and fresh produce at your local Fruit & Veg shop today!
Recipe provided by Australian Cherries
- Cherry Salsa:
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh Cherries, chopped
- 1/2 small red Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1 Jalepeno, finely chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 Avocado
- 4 duck breasts
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 12 mini flour tortillas
- 2 tsp of ground coriander and smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of ground chilli and ground cummin
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine spices and salt in a wide shallow bowl and coat duck breasts in the spice mixture.
- Place duck breasts skin-side down in a cold, large frying pan, turn the heat onto low-medium and cook, rendering the fat, for 10 minutes until the skin is golden and the fat has rendered.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Turn the duck breasts over and cook for a further 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the duck to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
To make the cherry salsa:
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Warm tortillas according to packet instructions.
- Mash avocado in a bowl with lime juice until combined and season well with salt.
To assemble the tacos:
- Spoon avocado down the centre of warmed tortillas.
- Slice duck breasts and divide among tortillas.
- Top with cherry salsa to serve.