Don’t let the look of this recipe put you off, we understand it may seem a little “too much” at first. However, we promise you, it really is not as complicated as it may seem. We also guarantee it is…
Looking for something special to make your Valentine? Add these delicious chocolate beet cakes to your baking list, they are sure to impress your loved one, making them feel super special.
These Valentine’s Day cupcakes have a unique earthy flavour while being sweet, moist and fluffy. Topping it off with a creamed cheese frosting, compliments the flavours perfectly. Feel free to allow your creative juices flow and decorate your cupcakes all things cupid, to really show your loved one how much they mean to you.
- 1 ¾ Cup Organic unbleached flour, sifted
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ Cup Coconut sugar
- 3 Eggs, large
- 1 Cup Macadamia nut oil
- 1 ½ Cup Cooked beetroot, pureed
- 55 grams Unsweetened chocolate, Melt and cool
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 350 grams Cream cheese, softened
- ½ Cup Icing sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine the coconut sugar, eggs, and oil in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Beat in the pureed cooked beetroot, cooled chocolate, and vanilla. Gradually add dry ingredients, beating well after each addition.
- Line a large muffin tray with cupcake liners. Fill each liner ¾ full of the cake batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan on rack before removing from pan.
- To enhance the flavour allow to overnight if you wish.
- Ice each cake with cream cheese frosting
In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.