Entertaining over the Easter long weekend? Give these Easter Salmon Skewers a go, they will be a crowd favourite for sure!
These salmon skewers are easy to make and super healthy. Balance out all those Easter treats with this well balanced, nutritious Easter meal. Serve as a delicious weekend lunch or a light dinner. Cook them under a grill (as the recipe suggests), or if you prefer cook them outside on the Barbeque. This may be particularly nice if you have guests over to share a meal, barbequing will also slightly enhance the flavour.
- Cut the fish into 36 even cubes.
- Make the marinade, mix olive oil, lemon juice, minced clove of garlic and dill in a glass bowl (do not use metal), add salt and pepper.
- Add the pieces of salmon, turning occasionally. Keep refrigerated for 90 minutes to 2 hours (it can stay in the marinade for up to six hours, but no longer).
- Just before you are ready to cook the kebabs, prepare your vegetables.
- Cut the zucchini in to 12 pieces. Remove any other leaves of the Brussel sprouts and trim. Blanch the Brussel sprouts in small pot of boiling water until they just turn bright green (3-5 minutes).
- Make your kebabs starting with threading 1 piece of fish, 2 pieces of vegetables, 1 piece of fish, another piece of vegetable and ending with another piece of fish. Repeat until you have all 12 kebabs done.
- Make sure all the pieces touch, but don’t squash together. Push all up to sharp end, leaving a long handle to hold easily under grill or on barbecue.
- Line a tray with baking foil. Place under the grill for 5 to 6 minutes each side. Do not put them too close to the heat, they will burn on the outside before they are cooked inside. They should take approximately 10 to 12 minutes to cook properly so they are succulent inside and golden on the outside.
- Serve with your favourite side salad or even just crusty bread with some lemon juice to squeeze over them.