Have you tried Feijoas before? Here we’ve used them in a nostalgic crumble slice, that is sure to impress your guests popping by this weekend.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line the base of a slice tin with baking paper. Use a tin that’s around 15cm x 25cm.
- Mix butter and 1 cup caster sugar with an electric beater until fluffy, then add vanilla and mix well. Using a spatula, stir in flour and desiccated coconut to form a soft dough. Divide mixture into thirds, then combine two of the quantities to make one large and one small portion.
- Press the larger amount into the base of the lined slice tin and smooth with the back of a spoon. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until just starting to turn golden. Add the thread coconut to the remaining dough and mix well, then chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Toss the feijoas with the remaining sugar and cinnamon. Arrange evenly over the partially cooked base, then crumble over the coconut dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and puffed. Dust with icing sugar and allow to cool and slice.