15 min prep, 60 min bake
This heavenly dessert is an ultimate crowd-pleaser. With rich chocolate and crisp envy™ apples, this torte is an absolute treat!
Recipe supplied by Montague
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Line a 21cm spring-form cake tin with baking paper and lightly grease the sides
- Using an electric beater cream the butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes until creamy and pale
- Add the egg yolks and beat well
- Add the vanilla paste and pour in the cooled chocolate, beating on low speed until smooth and evenly coloured
- Remove from the beater and fold in the grated envy™ apple and ground almonds
- Using a clean whisk or beater, whip the egg whites until white with soft to medium peaks
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate base mixture then pour into the lined tin
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the crust has set on the top and wobbles slightly when you shake the tin
- Allow to cool for at least an hour then chill for 2 hours
- Heat the chocolate and cream until smooth and glossy then swirl over the top of the torte and allow to set for 30 minutes
- Serve with softly whipped cream and crushed freeze-dried or fresh raspberries