Mix up your meals with our Chinese-inspired mandarin orange chicken. The zesty kick will have you drooling for more. 🍗
- Clean your mushrooms and use a chopstick to carve the skull eyes out of the mushroom
- Carefully using a knife, carve out the nose and teeth as well.
- Prepare your capsicums and cut them into long curved pieces
- Peel and quarter the onion and separate to make the ribs
- Cut your tofu into small squares or rectangles
- Assemble your skeleton skewers starting with the mushroom skull, then a few pieces of tofu, capsicum arms, a few onion ribs, more tofu and then capsicum legs. Use one colour of the capsicum for arms and another for the legs.
- Finely chop parsley and add to a bowl with crushed garlic, and a generous serving of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Cook your skewers on high heat, and baste them with the marinade on both sides
- Once cooked, add to a bed of lettuce
- Add a heaped spoon or two of Greek yoghurt to the leftover marinade and mix well to create a dipping sauce
- Squeeze lemon juice over the top and enjoy!
- Can also switch out the tofu for feta for a cheesy spin!