Prep: 30 mins Cook time: 35 mins
What’s better than an ANZAC biscuit? A GIANT ANZAC biscuit topped with delicious Banana toppings!
Recipe supplied by Australian Bananas
- 1¼ cups traditional oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, chopped
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbs boiling water
- 250g cream cheese, chopped
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 4 Cavendish or Sugar Bananas, sliced
- golden syrup, to serve
- Preheat oven 160°C fan forced. Draw a 24cm circle on a sheet of non-stick baking paper and place, drawn side down on a large greased pizza tray.
- Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Combine butter and golden syrup in a medium saucepan. Stir over a low heat until hot. Remove from heat. Dissolve bicarbonate of soda in the water then quickly pour into hot butter mixture. Add to the dry ingredients. Stir well until combined.
- Press mixture into a 24cm round, as it bakes it will spread a little. Bake 25-30 minutes until light golden. Allow to cool completely on tray. Remove to a serving board.
- For the topping beat cream cheese until smooth. Add icing sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth. Spread the topping over the biscuit. Top with banana. Drizzle with golden syrup. Cut or break into pieces. Serve.