These sweet ginger-spiced caramelized pear pies are packed with delicious winter flavours.
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add the butter, diced pears, brown sugar, fresh ginger, and spices to the pan and stir to combine. Cook until the butter is melted and the pears are soft.
- Remove from the heat, transfer the pear filling to a mixing bowl and set aside to let come to room temperature.
- Prepare a muffin tray with the puff pastry. Using a cookie/biscuit cutter, cut out 24 circles and line the tray slots. Set aside 12 of the pastry circles for the lids.
- Fill each with a spoonful of the pear mixture. Top with the remaining 12 pastry circles and gently press the edges together.
- Lightly brush the top of each pastry with cream and sprinkle generously with brown sugar.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until pies are golden brown and cooked through. Let cool for 10 minutes on a baking rack. Reheat in the oven for 8-10 minutes, best served warm!