Makes 6 skewers
Kiwifruit makes the perfect sweet addition to these skewers! Add a tropical vibe to your BBQ this week!
This recipe was made in collaboration with our friend Chef Tom Walton!
- 6 small chicken thighs, cut into thirds
- ½ tsp each smokey paprika, allspice, nutmeg, dried chili, cinnamon
- 1 tbsp olive oil + extra to brush the skewers before cooking
- Salt, pepper
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Zest 1 lemon
- 5 x gold kiwi fruit, peeled
- 2 red onions, peeled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp each smokey paprika & cumin
- Juice ½ lemon
- Natural yoghurt, lemon & flatbreads to serve or basmati rice is a delicious option to serve with the skewers and dressing.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add the spices, olive oil, salt, pepper, 1/3 of the coriander, lemon zest and mix to combine.
- Cut the kiwi in half then cut those halves in half again.
- Cut the red onions into quarters then those quarters in half again
- Thread the chicken, kiwi and onions wedges onto the skewers repeating twice on each skewer.
- Let them marinate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a jar, combine dressing ingredients with 1/3 of the remaining coriander and season to taste. Set aside
- Preheat a BBQ or grill on high heat. Brush the skewers with a little olive oil and lightly season.
- Cook the skewers for 6 minutes turning every 2 minutes to cook the chicken thoroughly.
- Serve the skewers on a tray or platter with some of the dressing spooned over and the flatbreads, yoghurt and lemon.