PREP: 15-20 Minutes COOKING: 50-55 Minutes
Make the most of delicious KANZI® Apples this season with this cozy recipe that will have the house smelling quintessentially Autumnal. The whole family will love this recipe, perfect for a weekend morning tea.
This recipe provided by KANZI®
- 3 medium size KANZI® apples peeled and diced
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Extra walnuts and pecans for the top
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 4-5 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Grease and line a standard loaf tin. For easy lift out, ensure the baking paper is higher than the tins edge.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar in a standard mixer until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence and one egg at a time, beating in-betweern until well combined. Scrape down the sides and base of the bowl as needed.
- Add the mil and beat further until combined.
In a large mixing bowl, stir to combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ground clove.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mix. Ensure the mixing speed is slow and allow it to just come together. Be careful not to over mix.
- Gently fold in the chopped nut followed by 3/4 of the diced Kanzi® apples.
- Pour the batter out into the prepared tin and level out with a spatula.
- Add the remaining diced Kanzi® apples and lightly push a few nut into the top. Finish by sprinkling with granulated sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Place on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before removing from the tin.
- To make the cinnamon icing; combine the sifted icing sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Gradually mix in the milk with a spatula until you achieve a drizzle consistency that is not too runny. If it is, add a little more icing sugar.
- Once cooled, place the cake on a serving plate or a sheet of baking paper. Drizzle the cinnamon icing over the top using a spoon, moving back and forth quickly over the cake to create the desired drizzle effect.