This Lemon Curd is deliciously tangy, creamy, and sweet. You only need 5 ingredients and it comes together on the stove in 10 minutes!
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler with 1-2 inches of water. Place on high heat, once the water boils, reduce to low heat to keep the water at a simmer.
- Place egg yolks, caster sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt into the top pot of your boiler. Using a whisk, whisk until completely blended, then continue to whisk as the curd cooks. Constant whisking prevents the egg yolks from curdling.
- Whisk until the mixture becomes thick, then remove from heat.
- Cut the butter into 6 pieces, then whisk into the curd. The butter will melt from the heat of the curd.
- In a large mixing bowl, add lemonade, cream, and s/r flour and stir until combined. Pat dough until it is 2 cm thick, and using a round cutter, cut out 12 rounds. Place scones on a baking tray 1cm apart and cook until slightly golden brown.
- Serve scones warm with fresh lemon curd.