This makes for a nourishing and easy weeknight meal with the mighty mushroom taking centre stage! Roasting them with the miso marinade intensifies the flavour and you end up with a delicious sauce of the mushroom juice and the marinade on the tray, ready to be spooned over freshly steamed rice.
This recipe was made in collaboration with our friend Chef Tom Walton!
- Preheat an oven to 220C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the mushrooms into a large mixing bowl and lightly season with salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the white miso, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds.
- Toss the mushrooms with 2/3 of the miso marinade and place cut side up onto the baking tray and roast for 8 minutes, until they begin to caramelise and release their juices.
- Meanwhile bring a pot of water to the boil, lightly season with salt, and add the baby broccoli to cook for 30 seconds then drain and toss with the remaining miso marinade.
- Serve the mushrooms and broccolini, with any tray juices, over steamed rice.