Want to get your kids involved in the kitchen more? How about this classic Japanese breakfast dish of Okonomiyaki? Make funny patterns and faces on top for a fun taste on the morning meal.
- In a pan, cook the rashers of bacon on a medium heat
- Grate the carrot and cabbage and chop the spring onion as well as the cooked bacon.
- In a large bowl, add flour and baking powder. Mix well. Continue adding eggs and water until mixture is a smooth paste
- Add the carrot, cabbage, spring onion and bacon to the pancake batter. Mix well
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat with a small amount of olive oil. In a round shape, add pancake mixture to the pan – cook 3-4 pancakes at a time. Allow to cook until brown flipping halfway through
- While each pancake is cooking, make the okonomiyaki sauce, whisking the worcestichire sauce, soy sauce and tomato sauce together.
- To serve, brush each pancake with the okonomiyaki sauce and then decorate with mayonnaise, sesame seeds or roasted seaweed as you prefer