This vegetarian Potato and Okra Curry may sound simple, but is packed full of aromatic spices that make it a must try dish for the whole family!
- 500g Potatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 12-15 Okra, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp each Nigella Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Ground Coriander, and Turmeric
- 1 Red Chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Tomato Purée
- 500ml Vegetable Stock
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice, to serve
- Fresh Coriander Leaves, to serve
- Greek Yoghurt, Lemon Wedges and/or Naan Bread, to serve
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and add the potatoes, cooking until just tender, then drain and set aside.
- In a large frypan over a medium heat, add 1 tbsp of oil and fry the okra until it starts to colour. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frypan and add the onion. When it has softened, add the garlic and fry for 3-4 mins. Add the spices, then cook, stirring occasionally. If it starts to stick, add a splash of water.
- Add the chilli and tomato purée, okra, and potatoes, stirring to coat evenly. Add the stock and simmer for 15 mins. Season with salt and pepper, add a squeeze of lemon juice, and garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt, lemon wedges, and naan bread.