Aperol AND cake! Impress your friends this summer with a hit of citrus with this light and zesty Orange Aperol Cake. Bound to make anyone an orange fan, this recipe will have your guests begging for more!
This delicious cake recipe was made in collaboration with our friend, Adrian (MelbourneFoodNerd)!
- Add butter and 115g of the caster sugar to a bowl and beat using an electric mixer
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating them in well
- Sift in the almond flour, add the zest of one orange, juice of one orange and the self raising flour. Add aperol. Fold through the mixture.
- Add to a greased tin, cook in the oven at 180 degrees for 35 minutes or so, until cooked through. Allow the cake to cool before serving
- While the cake is cooking, add the juice of one lemon with the remaining caster sugar. Stir to dissolve
- Add the mixture to a pan, with the orange slices
- Simmer on low heat for around 30 minutes until soft and translucent
- Add to cake, pour over remaining syrup and enjoy!