After the perfect Vegetarian sandwich? This sandwich is loaded with flavour with pulled mushroom and a crisp KANZI® Apple-slaw for a sweet crunch! Pick up the ingredients for this recipe at your local fruit and veg shop.
This recipe provided by KANZI®
- 500 g of oyster mushrooms
- 2 KANZI® apples
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 5 g of flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp of cumin seeds
- 200 g of sliced pointed cabbage
- 3 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 8 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 8 leaves of baby romaine lettuce
- 2 tbsp of sriracha sauce (to taste)
- Extra: 8 wooden skewers
- Preheat the oven to 200°
- Tear the oyster mushrooms into thin strips and place them on a baking tray covered in baking paper. Toss them in the oil and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Roast them in the oven for 10 mins. Take the baking tray out of the oven and squeeze the garlic cloves on top and add the soy sauce. Toss and roast in the oven for another 10 mins.
- In the meantime, cut the KANZI® apple into thin strips with a mandolin. Put this in a bowl. Finely chop the parsley and add to the apple.
- Briefly roast the cumin seeds in a dry hot frying pan and then mix these in a bowl with the apple strips, pointed cabbage, mayonnaise and parsley. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
- Heat the slices of sourdough bread in the oven for a few minutes and cover half of the slices with a layer of coleslaw, a few leaves of romaine lettuce and the pulled mushrooms. Sprinkle some Sriracha on top and cover this with a second slice of bread. Insert a skewer into both sides of the sandwiches and cut them in half.