“This salad is the best of both worlds with the roast and raw goodness of Brussels Sprouts coming together. Enjoy it on its own or serve as part of a large meal alongside anything from roast meats to fish or other veggie or grain dishes.”
This recipe was made in collaboration with our friend Chef Tom Walton!
- Preheat an oven to 220C.
- Cut 2/3 of the Brussel sprouts in half, keeping any leaves that fall off aside.
- Shave the remaining Brussel sprouts as thinly as possible with a mandolin or sharp knife. Set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and the halved Brussel sprouts with a good pinch of salt.
- Sauté, tossing regularly, until they begin to colour, about 4 minutes, then transfer the pan to the oven if you can or tip the Brussel sprouts into a baking tray and roast for 8-10 minutes, until golden and softened. Add any leaves to the pan or tray with 2 minutes left, to just wilt slightly.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and lightly season and shave the parmesan cheese to give you about half a cup.
- Allow the roast Brussel sprouts to cool slightly then toss in the bowl with the shaved sprouts, parmesan pine nuts, mint, enough dressing to coat, and lightly season to taste. Serve the salad with lemon to squeeze, extra parmesan and chilli flakes if desired.