This classic one-pan dish is full of flavour, fresh veggies, and involves minimal clean up (winning!). You’ll immediately impress with this quick, tasty dish!
- For the Pesto:
- 2 Cups Fresh Basil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 tbsp Yeast
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Pine Nuts
- ½ tsp of Salt, plus more to taste
- For the Gnocchi & Veggies:
- 1 Package Potato Gnocchi
- 1 Zucchini, diced
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ Red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup Pesto, divided
- Fresh Basil
For the Pesto:
- Add the basil, garlic, yeast, olive oil, pine nuts, and salt to a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Add a tablespoon or two of water to thin out the consistency if desired.
- Keep leftovers stored in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
For the Gnocchi and Veggies:
- Preheat your oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- Add the gnocchi, zucchini, tomatoes, onion, and pine nuts to the casserole dish. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and add ¼ cup of the pesto. Use a spoon to mix the veggies and gnocchi well in the oil and pesto. Spread the mixture evenly across the dish.
- Place the baking dish in the middle of the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are bursting and the gnocchi exposed at the top is slightly crispy.
- Stir in the remaining ¼ cup of pesto and serve, topped with fresh basil.