Beat the winter blues by warming up to a bowl of Spicy Choko Soup!
When the weather cools down, there’s nothing better than a warm bowl of soup. And it doesn’t get more classic than a roasted tomato soup (with a cheese toasty on the side!)
Both kids and parents will love this dish.
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray. Drizzle tomatoes with half the oil and top with basil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for15to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottom saucepan or pot. Add onion, garlic and potato. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and sugar. Stir in stock and 1 cup water. Cover.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Add tomato to the soup mixture.
- Carefully blend soup until smooth. Sprinkle with basil.
- Serve soup with crusty bread or a grilled cheese toastie.