Short on time? This 20 Minute Spanish Tomato Soup is the ultimate quick and easy dinner! With capsicum, onion and chorizo all in the mix, it’s packed full with flavour!
Pumpkin soup doesn’t have to be plain and boring…. Jazz it up and make it a new family favourite with our smokey pumpkin soup recipe. Simple ingredients make this meal budget friendly and is also perfect for making a double batch to freeze for a future quick and easy meal.
Serve with crusty bread, some freshly shaved parmesan…. Even a dollop or two of sour cream for the perfect comforting winter warmer meal.
- In a large non-stick fry pan cook the diced bacon until crisp. Reserve the fat and set aside the cooked crispy bacon.
- Add the bacon fat and butter into a large stock pot and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the pumpkin and sauté for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the stock and simmer covered until the pumpkin is very tender, approximately 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the white wine, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Process the soup in batches in a blender until smooth (or use a stick blender in the pot).
- Return to the stock pot, add the bacon and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese if desired.