Beat the winter blues by warming up to a bowl of Spicy Choko Soup!
Pumpkin soup doesn’t have to be plain and boring…. Jazz it up and make it a new family favourite with our smokey pumpkin soup recipe. Simple ingredients make this meal budget friendly and is also perfect for making a double batch to freeze for a future quick and easy meal.
Serve with crusty bread, some freshly shaved parmesan…. Even a dollop or two of sour cream for the perfect comforting winter warmer meal.
- In a large non-stick fry pan cook the diced bacon until crisp. Reserve the fat and set aside the cooked crispy bacon.
- Add the bacon fat and butter into a large stock pot and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the pumpkin and sauté for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the stock and simmer covered until the pumpkin is very tender, approximately 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the white wine, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Process the soup in batches in a blender until smooth (or use a stick blender in the pot).
- Return to the stock pot, add the bacon and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese if desired.