Are you a Fennel fanatic? Garlic and Fennel combine to expand your recipe repertoire!
This spicy sausage dish was made in collaboration with Melbourne Food Nerd and uses rigatoni pasta for its base. It favours flavour with its Fennel, Onion and Garlic sauce. How spicy can you go?
- Finely dice onion, fennel and garlic. Add to a cold pan with olive oil
- Bring up to heat slowly, add chilli flakes and stir often for 5 minutes or so, ensuring it doesn’t burn
- Cut the sausage meat out of the casing by slicing one end and squeezing, adding to the hot pan.
- Once the sausage is almost fully browned, add the passata and season with salt and pepper. Bring up to a boil, then return the heat to low
- While the sauce is simmering for at least 30 minutes (the longer the more flavour it gets) cook your pasta.
- Add a few tablespoons of the pasta water to the sauce, mix, then add the pasta
- Serve with parmesan cheese