Celebrate the luck of the Irish with these lime cream cupcakes. These cupcakes come together super quick and easy, they are light and fluffy and pop with a zingy citrus flavour. If you are looking for something to help get you in the St. “Patty’s Day” spirit, whipping up a batch of these cupcakes will be a fun and yummy way of doing so. Perfect for a school party, or perhaps a neighbourhood Irish féasta, a plate of these festive cupcakes will be a firm favourite.
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 2 Cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tsp Lime rind, finely grated
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 ½ Cup Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 Cup Sour cream
- 3 Tbsp Butter, softened
- 2 ¼ Cup Icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Lime rind, finely grated
- 1 – 2 Tbsp Milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using an electric beater until light and fluffy.
- Now beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add the lime peel and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream (batter will be thick).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter.
- Bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, cream butter and sugar in small mixing bowl. Add lime juice, vanilla, lime peel, milk and food colouring; beat until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes and serve.