This Stovetop Asparagus Frittata is a quick and easy lunch for those busy days!
- Preheat oven to 200℃. On a lined baking tray, toss asparagus with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 10 minutes – stirring occasionally until tender.
- In a small non-stick pan, melt 1 tbsp of the butter. Add the shallot and cook over medium heat, stirring until softened. Transfer shallots to a small bowl and wipe down the skillet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, salt, and 2 teaspoons of cold water. In the skillet, melt the remaining butter over low heat. Pour in the eggs and cook without stirring until the edge of the frittata has set.
- Using a heatproof spatula, lift up the edge of the frittata and tilt the pan down to allow the uncooked eggs to seep underneath. Continue to cook the frittata in this way until almost no egg runs when you tilt the pan.
- Scatter the shallots over the frittata and slide onto a serving plate, and top with chilli flakes, pepper and grated cheese.