Weekends call for a quick and easy snack, and these stuffed eggplant fritters are the perfect recipe!
- Place eggplant in a colander set over a bowl and toss with 2 tsp salt flakes. Set aside for 30 minutes. Rinse under cold running water. Pat dry.
- Lay half the slices on a board. Top each slice with 1 slice of mozzarella, and prosciutto half. Top with remaining eggplant slices and press.
- Place flour, egg, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls. Coat each fritter in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, then repeat the egg and another layer of breadcrumbs.
- Half-fill a saucepan with oil and heat.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Working in batches, cook fritters for 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel. Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until eggplant is cooked through.