Have the kids’ lunchboxes sorted with these healthy sausage rolls, made with Mushrooms and Carrots from your Local Fruit and Veg shop!
This recipe was created by Blenditarian, with a blend of 25% Mushroom + 75% Lamb Mince!
- 500g of lamb mince
- 300g of white button mushrooms, finely diced
- 100g bacon, diced
- ½ cup carrot, grated
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Poppy seeds to sprinkle
- 4 sheets of ready rolled, frozen puff pastry
- Remove puff pastry from the freezer, and place each sheet on the bench, plastic side down, to thaw while the filling is prepared.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl (except the poppy seeds) and mix with your hands to combine.
- Cut pastry into 10cm wide strips. Place around 4cm of filling in the centre of each strip, like a sausage over the full length. Fold pastry over and press join with a fork to seal. Refrigerate for one hour (or can be frozen until needed)
- Remove from fridge (or freezer and allow to thaw). While still cold, cut to the desired length. Brush with a little egg yolk and milk and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 200c for 10 to 15 minutes until the pastry has puffed up and is golden and filling cooked. Serve with your favourite sauce or relish.
WIN a Weber Family Q® Premium BBQ – Thanks to The Blend!
With Summer upon us, there is nothing better than having your friends and family around for blended burgers on the BBQ. The Weber Q® is an Aussie backyard icon, with plenty of room to chargrill a blended BBQ feast for the whole family.