Shout out to our spice-lovers, this one’s for you! Packed with flavour, this Beef and Mushroom Blended Chili with Cornbread Topping is one of our favourites, and is sure to be one of yours too!
This recipe uses a 50% Mushroom + 50% Beef Mince Blend.
This recipe was created by celebrity chef Adrian Richardson with Blenditarian.
- 1kg beef mince
- 1kg mushrooms chopped
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp dried chilies
- ½ tbsp cumin seeds ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 red capsicums, sliced and roasted
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 long red chilies, thinly sliced
- 1L tomato passata
- 2 cups beef stock
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup basil, picked
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup fine polenta
- 300g of cooked corn kernels (or tinned sweet corn, rinsed)
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Halve the capsicum lengthwise, drizzle with olive oil and grill, skin side up, until black and charred. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. When cool enough to handle, peel off the skin and slice away the seeds and pith. Chop roughly and place in a food processor. Blitz on high to form a rough puree.
- Set the oven to 160 degrees. In a heavy-based saucepan on medium-high heat, add the olive oil and gently sweat the garlic and onions until translucent, adding a little salt and pepper.
- Add the blended beef mince and finely diced mushrooms. Using the back of the spoon, break the mince apart while cooking.
- Add the spices and chilli, add the red wine, beef stock, tomato passata and the pureed capsicum. Simmer for around 30-minutes until it thickens up. Add the fresh basil and coriander and stir through. Pour into a large casserole dish.
- To make the cornbread topping, combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, add the corn kernels, olive oil, eggs and milk. Whisk together until all lumps have dissolved, to make a thick yellow batter
- Spread the batter over the chilli and bake for 30-minutes until the topping is risen and golden.
WIN a Weber Family Q® Premium BBQ – Thanks to The Blend!
With Summer upon us, there is nothing better than having your friends and family around for blended burgers on the BBQ. The Weber Q® is an Aussie backyard icon, with plenty of room to chargrill a blended BBQ feast for the whole family.