Have you tried The Blend? Mushrooms + Mince = The Blend is a new way to cook healthy and delicious meaty dishes that the whole family will love.
Try it out in this Beef and Mushroom Blended Stroganoff Pasta Bake for an easy, nutritious spin on a classic Stroganoff. This recipe blends 70% Mushroom + 30% Beef Mince.
- 350g cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 150g beef mince
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 4 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30g butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 200g cup mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups beef stock
- ¾ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups dried pasta
- Sour cream
- Chopped chives or parsley
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Combine grated mushrooms, mince, egg, breadcrumbs, parsley and seasoning in a bowl. Mix until well combined then roll into small meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or oven proof pan. Cook meatballs for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned all over. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the butter and cook onions over medium heat until translucent. Add paprika, cayenne pepper and quartered mushrooms. Cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add stock, wine, tomato paste, mustard and sour cream to the pan. Stir to combine then return meatballs to the pan with pasta. Gently stir to combine. Cover the pan with an oven-proof lid or aluminium foil. Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with additional sour cream and freshly chopped herbs.
WIN a Weber Family Q® Premium BBQ – Thanks to The Blend!
With Summer upon us, there is nothing better than having your friends and family around for blended burgers on the BBQ. The Weber Q® is an Aussie backyard icon, with plenty of room to chargrill a blended BBQ feast for the whole family.