Have you tried The Blend?
This recipe blends 25% Mushroom + 75% Chicken Mince for a delicious twist on a classic chicken burger! This one will be a hit with the family, perfect for lunches or an easy dinner!
This recipe was created by Blenditarian!
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Combine mushrooms, chicken, cajun seasoning, egg and ¼ cup of panko crumbs in a bowl. Mix to combine then form into 4 even patties.
- Place remaining panko crumbs on a plate. Coat each patty in panko crumbs. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Place burger patties in the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side. The patties are cooked through if firm to touch at the centre and chicken has turned white. Remove from the pan and place on a plate lined with absorbent paper. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place burger buns on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add mayonnaise, chives and lime juice and zest in a bowl. Mix to combine.
- To assemble the burger, place burger patty on the base of the bun, top with lettuce and a dollop of mayonnaise.