Spice up your next Mexican night by adding Mushrooms to your mince! Loaded with flavour and a boost of nutrients from Mushrooms, these meatballs will have you coming back for seconds!
This recipe blends 25% Mushroom + 75% Chicken Mince!
This recipe was created by Blenditarian!
- 500g Chicken mince
- 170g button Mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed and chopped (more if you like it hotter)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup Coriander, chopped
- ¼ cup spring onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 150 gms Spanish chorizo sausage, skin removed and thinly sliced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 750ml tomato passata
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Sour cream
- Spring onion
- Smoked paprika
- Tortilla chips or taco shells
- To make the meatballs, place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix together with your hands. Roll into golf-sized balls. Place in refrigerator until ready to cook.
- To make the sauce, use an oven-safe pot and add the olive oil to sauté the chorizo, onion, garlic and paprika.
- Add the chicken stock, passata and brown sugar and bring just to the boil.
- Add the meatballs and beans and place in the oven with the lid off for 15-20 minutes until balls are cooked.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of coriander, spring onion and paprika, along with round tortilla chips or taco shells.
WIN a Weber Family Q® Premium BBQ – Thanks to The Blend!
With Summer upon us, there is nothing better than having your friends and family around for blended burgers on the BBQ. The Weber Q® is an Aussie backyard icon, with plenty of room to chargrill a blended BBQ feast for the whole family.