Lamb, Mushrooms and Tzatziki topped with fresh pickles to add some zing!
This easy Lamb and Mushroom Kofta is a great way to add a boost of nutrients into a quick meal.
Meet the Blend: Lamb and Mushroom Blended Kofta with Tzatziki. Made with 25% Mushroom + 75% Lamb mince, this meal is earth-friendly and delicious!
Smoky, zesty and light, our Lamb and Mushroom Kofta is sure to please!
- 125g cup mushrooms, grated
- 375g lamb mince
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ bunch mint, chopped (⅓ cup)
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped (⅓ cup)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pieces Lebanese bread
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- ½ cucumber, grated
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ½ Spanish onion, sliced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- To make the tzatziki, combine yoghurt, grated cucumber and chopped dill in a bowl. Mix together then season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make the quick pickle, combine vinegar, water, salt and sugar in a bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add cucumber and onion. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Place the kofta ingredients in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Form mixture into 12 elongated egg shaped patties or use skewers and form kofta around the skewer.
- Heat a grill plate or BBQ over medium to high heat. Drizzle kofta with oil and cook for 3-4 minutes before turning. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Serve with Lebanese bread, tzatziki and pickled cucumbers.
WIN a Weber Family Q® Premium BBQ – Thanks to The Blend!
With Summer upon us, there is nothing better than having your friends and family around for blended burgers on the BBQ. The Weber Q® is an Aussie backyard icon, with plenty of room to chargrill a blended BBQ feast for the whole family.