Are you looking for a flavourful low-fuss dinner recipe that can pre-prepared the day ahead? This recipe allows you to cook the meat and vegetables all in one saving time and effort. These juicy chicken skewers are bursting with flavour…
What’s better than Nonna’s classic meatballs? The added bonus of rich nutrients found in mushrooms!
Meet the Blend: Nonna’s Beef and Mushroom Blended Meatballs. Try this Blend of 25% Mushrooms and 75% Pork and Beef Mince for a hearty dish packed with flavour!
A slight spin on this family-favourite dish is sure to be a hit!
- 500g beef mince
- 500g pork mince
- 335g button mushrooms, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated + more to serve
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 whole eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 100g butter
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1.5 litres tomato passata
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn – to add at the end
- Pasta of your choice - Spaghetti or Linguini work well
- First, create the sauce for the meatballs. In a heavy-based saucepan on medium heat, add olive oil and butter. As soon as the butter is melted, add the onion and garlic and cook gently until translucent. Add the chicken stock and passata and simmer gently while you prepare your meatballs
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the beef and pork mince and diced mushrooms, and blend together using your hands. Add all other meatball ingredients and mix together. Form golf-sized meatballs and gently place each one into the sauce as you go. Simmer the meatballs for around 20-minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to the boil, add your spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- Strain pasta and place in a bowl. Add the basil to the pasta sauce just at the last moment and stir through. Spoon meatballs and all the sauce over the pasta, top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
WIN a Weber Family Q® Premium BBQ – Thanks to The Blend!
With Summer upon us, there is nothing better than having your friends and family around for blended burgers on the BBQ. The Weber Q® is an Aussie backyard icon, with plenty of room to chargrill a blended BBQ feast for the whole family.