Have you tried The Blend? Learn a new way to cook healthy and delicious meaty dishes – using mushrooms.
Packed full of flavour, these Tandoori Beef and Mushroom Blended Kofta Balls will keep you coming back for more!
This recipe blends 25% Mushroom + 75% Beef Mince.
- 500g beef mince
- 170g white button mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tag ginger, grated (or 1 tsp minced ginger)
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- ¼ cup spring onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground garam masala
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped ginger
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 150g butter
- 500ml tomato passata
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of cream
- ½ cup water
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- Plain yoghurt
- To make the koftas, place all of the meatball ingredients into a large bowl and use your hands to combine. Roll palm sized balls, around 3-4cm in diameter, and set aside.
- In a large hot pan over medium-high heat, add a dash of extra virgin olive oil and sear balls, rotating on each side until they are golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the garlic, ginger and onions until translucent, and add the remaining spice mix, mixing just for a minute or so to awaken their aroma. Stir in three-quarters of the butter, being careful not to burn it.
- Pour in the passata and two-thirds of the cream, and half the coriander. Stir to combine.
- Add the kofta balls back to the sauce, cover with the lid and turn down to low heat to simmer for 25-30 minutes. Add a little water if needed.
- Before serving stir through remaining coriander, spring onions, remaining butter and remaining cream.
- Serve with plain yoghurt, a squeeze of lime and papadums.
WIN a Weber Family Q® Premium BBQ – Thanks to The Blend!
With Summer upon us, there is nothing better than having your friends and family around for blended burgers on the BBQ. The Weber Q® is an Aussie backyard icon, with plenty of room to chargrill a blended BBQ feast for the whole family.