After a mid-morning energy boost? Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit and Ginger Energy Bars are perfect to help get you through the day!
- In a food processor, place the peeled Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit and blend until smooth.
- Add the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, oats, ground ginger to the food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Transfer the contents to a mixing bowl.
- Roughly chop the pistachios and add to the bowl along with the chopped hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds. Stir everything together until well distributed.
- Line a square baking tin with baking paper and transfer the mix into the tin. Spread out evenly with the back of a metal spoon. Using the same spoon, make small indentations in the mix to place a slice of Kiwifruit in each one.
- Add the slices of Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit to the top then place the tin in the fridge.
- Allow to set for 2 hours.
- Remove the tin from the fridge and slice into 10-12 bars (depending on how big/small you would like them).
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave or in a small bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Dunk the end of each bar in the melted chocolate and place on a piece of baking paper to cool.
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Recipe provided by Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit and www.zespri.com.au