This is not just any ordinary lime pie! Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit makes this pie pop! Try this one out for your weekend dinner party for a dessert to impress your guests!
- Heat the oven to 170°c.
- To make the base, blitz the biscuits in a food processor to make a fine crumb. Mix in the melted butter with a wooden spoon and then tip the mixture into a loose bottomed, high sided 20cm tart tin, or a cake tin. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the tin with the back of the wooden spoon. Put in the fridge to chill.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, condensed milk, lime zest and juice. Peel and slice two Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit.
- Pour half of the lime mixture into the tart case, levelling it off. Place a layer of SunGold slices on top. Finish with the rest of the mixture, working carefully to achieve a tidy finish. If you have too much mixture you can use it as you would lemon curd, on ice cream, with yoghurt or on toast.
- Put the tin on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, until the filling is set but still wobbly.
- Cool, then chill for 2 hours or overnight. Decorate with slices of SunGold from the remaining SunGold Kiwifruit.
Recipe provided by Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit and www.zespri.com.au