Spice up your taco night with this Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit prawn taco recipe! Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit adds a lip-smacking sweetness for the best tacos you’ve had yet!
- 300g raw prawns
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tsp lime zest
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp double cream
- A splash red wine vinegar
- Small handful chopped coriander
- Salt & pepper
- 3 Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red and 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Eight soft shell tacos
- Juice of half a lime
- Add all the seasoning spices and lime zest to the prawns, mix and set to one side to marinade.
- Mash the avocado with the cream, red wine vinegar and coriander and season. Set to one side.
- In a separate bowl mix the Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit with all the vegetables, lime juice, garlic powder and seasoning. Set to one side.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan and add a little oil. Cook the prawns for a couple of minutes each side until they are cooked through. Meanwhile heat the tacos in the oven or heat them individually in a dry frying pan, cooking for a few seconds each side.
- Serve each taco with a spoonful of avocado mixture, a few prawns and top with SunGold salsa.
Recipe provided by Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit and www.zespri.com.au