This superfood salad is a great way to pack in loads of nutrition into your diet today! The combination of Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit, quinoa, avocado and plenty of fibre from nuts and seeds will help keep you full throughout the day!
- 260 g (2 cups) cooked quinoa
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- Small bunch mint, chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 30 g pumpkin seeds
- 30 g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 avocados, halved
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Sea salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 lemons
- 60 g capers
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit, halved
- 250 g natural Greek yoghurt or hummus
- COMBINE quinoa, parsley, mint, spring onion, the juice of 1 lemon, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, salt, and pepper into a large bowl. Taste and adjust flavourings, adding a little more lemon if required.
- SPREAD a few tablespoons of yoghurt onto the base of 4 serving plates;
- PILE the tabouli over the yoghurt.
- DIP the tops of the avocado halves into the hemp seeds and arrange over the tabouli. Place the Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit halves next to the avocado and sprinkle the salad with roasted pine nuts.
- DRIZZLE over a little extra olive oil and squeeze of lemon, then enjoy.
Notes: Superfood Tabouli will keep for several days in the fridge. Serve this topped with a creamy Persian or goat’s feta.
Recipe provided by Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit and www.zespri.com.au