It is very hard to minimise your sugar consumption as it’s found in even the most unexpected products. This means there are likely to be foods you’re consuming that you would never have thought to have sugar in them. There’s also the fact that there are good sugars and bad sugars – refined and unrefined. This can make it difficult when trying to reduce your sugar intake. But don’t worry, we have a list of some natural sugar substitutes you can use so you can still get that sugar kick we all love!
- Agave Nectar – It is sweeter than sugar, so you can consume even less sugar.
- Coconut Sugar – High in nutrients, unrefined and great for gut health.
- Honey – Regulates blood sugar, has healing properties and helps to soothe coughs and sore throats.
- Maple Syrup – High in antioxidants, zinc, calcium and potassium.
- Date Paste – Energy efficient and has a high nutritional value. It’s also high in iron and increases red blood cells.
- Stevia Extracts – Lowers and controls blood pressure and contains a lot of antioxidants.
If you’re wanting to cut out some refined sugars from your diet, these alternatives are a great way to do so. They are a lot healthier and, depending on your palate, can even be tastier than normal sugar.
Let us know what meals you decide to try these substitutes in!