Beat the winter blues by warming up to a bowl of Spicy Choko Soup!
Short on time? This 20 Minute Spanish Tomato Soup is the ultimate quick and easy dinner! With capsicum, onion and chorizo all in the mix, it’s packed full with flavour!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 chorizo, sliced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves, torn
- 500mls prepared tomato sauce
- 500mls vegetable stock or water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 crusty bread rolls, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley and chives
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, capsicum, garlic and chorizo and spices. Cook partially covered stirring regularly for 5min.
- Add the wine and bayleaf stirring well. Add the tomato sauce, stock and season with the salt and pepper. Simmer for 15min, partially covered.
- Just before serving, remove the bayleaf, stir in the bread and chopped herbs. Drizzle with the extra olive oil and paprika to serve.
Tip: A terrific way to use up stale bread – especially good bread like sourdough or rye.
Recipe by: Jo Richardson