Mmmm soup! This Potato, Leek and Bacon soup is sure to make it onto the soup rotation list this winter.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 chorizo, sliced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves, torn
- 500mls prepared tomato sauce
- 500mls vegetable stock or water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 crusty bread rolls, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley and chives
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, capsicum, garlic and chorizo and spices. Cook partially covered stirring regularly for 5min.
- Add the wine and bayleaf stirring well. Add the tomato sauce, stock and season with the salt and pepper. Simmer for 15min, partially covered.
- Just before serving, remove the bayleaf, stir in the bread and chopped herbs. Drizzle with the extra olive oil and paprika to serve.
Tip: A terrific way to use up stale bread – especially good bread like sourdough or rye.
Recipe by: Jo Richardson