Fresh tomato, lettuce and crunchy homemade potato chips make for the perfect accompaniments to our new Air Fryer Fried Chicken Burgers.
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tbs oil olive oil
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (dried)
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground chilli (optional)
- 4 large white potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1cm sticks
- Brioche buns (or burger buns of your choice), toasted
- ½ a head of lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced into rounds
- 4 cheese slices, if desired
- Chipotle sauce (or other sauce of your choice)
- To make the chips, heat oven to 230C. Blanch the sliced potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 3 mins, then drain well.
- Place the potatoes onto a lined baking tray, drizzle with olive oil then season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins, turning the potatoes a couple of times, until they’re golden brown and crisp. Remove from the oven once cooked.
- While the chips are cooking, place the four chicken pieces in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, coating them well.
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the spices, then coat each chicken piece in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Once well-coated, place chicken pieces into your air fryer basket.
- Air fry in the air fryer for 10-12 mins at 200°C. After the first 6 mins, open the air fryer and flip the chicken onto the opposite side, then continue cooking. Note: Cook time will vary depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare your burger ingredients and set aside.
- To assemble the burgers, slice the toasted buns in half. Spread chipotle sauce (or chosen sauce) on both sides of the bun. Top the bottom of the bun with lettuce, tomato, chicken, then cheese (if using). Place the top of the burger bun on top.
- Serve alongside the oven-roasted potato chips and enjoy!