It’s nacho night! We can guarantee these Healthy Chicken Nachos will be a hit with the whole family!
These healthy rice paper rolls can be made with the kids. Let them enjoy the process of choosing their favourite ingredients and rolling up the rice paper! The perfect way to encourage fussy eaters.
- 375g pkt rice paper sheets
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into strips
- 4 spring onions, cut into 10cm lengths
- 3 Aussie mandarins, peeled, deseeded
- 1 chilli, cut diagonally and deseeded
- 1/3 cup loosely packed coriander leaves
- 65g rice vermicelli noodles
- 5 chicken tenderloins
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup corn flour
- Gluten free breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- Aussie Mandarin Ginger Dipping Sauce
- 1 Aussie mandarin, peeled and deseeded
- ½ cup Aussie mandarin juice
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- ¼ tsp fresh ginger, grated finely
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Sesame seeds
Chicken preparation – Slice chicken tenderloins lengthwise into 3 strips about 10cm long. Coat with corn flour, dip in beaten egg and coat with gluten free breadcrumbs. Heat a little oil in a shallow frying pan and lightly fry until cooked.
Noodle preparation – Place the vermicelli noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften then drain.
Rice paper roll preparation – Soak 1 rice paper sheet in warm water for 10 seconds. Drain on paper towel and transfer to a clean work surface. Place chilli and coriander leaves in the centre of the rice paper roll and top with 2-3 Aussie mandarin segments. Top with a chicken tenderloin, a slice of avocado, spring onion and vermicelli noodles. Fold in ends and roll up firmly to enclose filling.
Sauce – In a saucepan place Aussie mandarin segments, juice, caster sugar and chilli. Bring to boil and simmer on a medium heat until sauce thickens. Strain the sauce through a sieve and pour into a dipping sauce dish add ginger and chilli and finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Plating – Serve with Aussie mandarin ginger dipping sauce