These mini Baked Strawberry Donuts use delightful fresh strawberries. They’re sweet and soft, moist and oh so fluffy! Oh, and did we mention they’re covered in cinnamon sugar? Yum!
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease two 6-hole donut pans with non-stick spray or butter. See note below if you have donut maker.
- In a bowl, combine the vegetable oil, buttermilk, eggs, sugar, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract. Then stir in the flour and mix until well combined.
- Next, add in the chopped strawberries, and gently mix with a spoon.
- Fill the donut pans approx. ¾ of the way. up
- Bake donuts in the oven for 17 mins.
- Once done, remove from the oven, let cool for 10 mins in the pans, then remove from the pans.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, then one at a time, drop your donuts in and toss them in the cinnamon sugar mix to lightly cover.
- Enjoy them right away or store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Note: If you have a donut maker, pre-heat the appliance for 4-5 mins, then evenly spoon 2 tsp of the donut mixture into each mould. Close the lid, then cook for 2 mins or until the doughnuts are golden brown and bounce back when touched. Once done, carefully remove the donuts from the donut maker and place onto a wire rack to cool down before serving.